Monday, April 04, 2011

My Mom and Dad visit London

Cooper and I spent a couple of days with my folks in London.  We saw all the usual sights on a double decker bus tour.  (Photos of that to come.)  But I pulled out some of my favorite pictures of Mom and Dad in the city.

First, hot dogs from a street vendor:

Second, ready to see Jersey Boys:

And finally, my favorite series.  We visited Trafalgar Square, which has very large lion statutes.  Mom, who collects all things lion-related, wanted to sit by one of the lions for a photo.  But there were no stairs up to the lions.  So she climbed, with a not-so-gentle shove from Dad:

Totally worth it:

Getting down:

And then we saw another lady trying to get up there.  Dad, ever the kind Midwesterner, went to help, at which point I turned to Mom and said "Oh my gosh, he's going to grab that lady's a$$."  And he pretty much did.  She seemed thankful and not offended, so all was well in the end (heh).
Gotta love my dad.

No comments: