Thursday, March 06, 2014

Lyons

Cooper and I made a quick (24-hour) trip to Lyons in mid-February for a family get-together.  When we got to town, mom and dad were working the concession stand at the high school basketball game, so we hung out there for a while.
 
This is Cooper's "there's a lion behind me" face: 


On the way to Lyons, Coop and I ate at a Chinese buffet, and we wondered how difficult it might be to make our own fortune cookies.  Grandma Joan was game to help us try:
Coop and I had fun writing fortunes (my favorite:  "Be of good character.  Preferably one of the Disney ones."), but the cookies themselves weren't much to write home about.

On the other hand, we had a smashing success making our own water-weighted hula hoops!

And we spent a bit of time at the Kansas Cosmosphere, before heading back to Baldwin:


No comments: