Monday, January 28, 2013

Woodworking!

Coop rounded up some extra work scraps from Alan's latest woodworking project, and he created this coin holder:
It was actually pretty clever.  He drew several different things he thought he could make with his scrap pieces (a train, a boat) and then finally settled on the coin holder.
 
Next up, a train:

So Alan rounded up a bunch more pieces of scrap from the barn, and Cooper decided to make his own woodworking show, ala Roy Underhill and The Woodwright Shop (whose videos Coop and Alan watch together now).  Here's episode 1:

Coop made three episodes in total, so we could send them to Roy Underhill with this note:
Dear Roy Underhill,

My name is Cooper Grant and I want to be a woodworker when I grow up.  I am 5 1/2 years old, and I wanted to make my own woodworking movies just like you do.  My Daddy made a table from one of your books.

I wanted to send you the movies I made so you could watch them on your computer.  I hope you enjoy the movies, seasons 1, 2, and 3.

[heart] Cooper

No comments: