Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer travel

Alan and I took a three-day trip to San Francisco this summer.  Without Cooper.  For the first time.  We had a great time.

For the first day and a half, this was the only photo we took:
These seven Victorian houses are known as the "painted ladies."  The middle one is the house where the Full House family (from the 80s sit-com) lived.

Then I felt bad that the only photo I had taken in SF was a pop culture reference from my childhood.  So we took some more:

A cable car:


Us:

The flag from the boat we took to Alcatraz:

Alcatraz island:
We had a great tour of the island and the prison.  Fantastic!


In other, less-fun travel, Cooper and I took a trip to Joplin, Missouri.  He had been pretty obsessed with talking about and reading about the tornado.  We had a couple of days off this summer, so we went down to Missouri to visit a high school friend of mine, and we detoured through Joplin.



The devastation is pretty astounding.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Wow...I still can't believe what that tornado did to Joplin...that's crazy how devastating such things can be.

On a separate and brighter note, I absolutely love San Francisco. Great town...great music...a little on the pricey side, but good for a visit. I didn't go to Alcatraz when I was there, but I could see it clearly from my hotel balcony (I stayed in Sausalito on the other side of the bay from S.F.). Colleen and I are currently deliberating on whether a trip there for our 10th (in 4 years) would be worth it. Looks like you had a good time...