Sunday, January 07, 2007

Pictures from vacations past

We just got back from Mexico last night. We had a fabulous time, and I'll get some pictures together soon. But for now, as I'm taking a break from piles of laundry and mail, enjoy some photos from our various summer trips.

When we were in Atlanta for a legal writing conference, we took a Segway tour of the city. It took a while to get used to driving them, but we covered lots of ground and saw some neat things. (And yes, I'm the nerd with the Segway "fanny pack" and her helmet on backwards.)



This is the end table Alan made at woodworking camp in Tennessee. Lovely, isn't it? (Better be, for what that sucker cost!)


After wood camp, we spent a day celebrating our anniversary at Dollywood. Super cheesy, but lots of fun. What was missing, though? Dolly impersonators! Calling all busty blondes -- you are needed in Pigeon Forge, TN.


In South Dakota, we participated in the Deadwood Mickelson trail marathon and half-marathon. Alan was lucky enough to run into (read: stalk all morning) Lawrence Block, one of his favorite authors! And even after race-walking the marathon, Mr. Block was kind enough to pose for a photo. (Or perhaps just too tired to get up and move when Alan and I accosted him.)


Another highlight from our South Dakota trip -- Alan got to drive a Bobcat. I'm not 100% certain of the allure of a Bobcat, but he was super-excited to learn that friends of the friends we were staying with actually had a Bobcat parked in his front yard.



Mexico pictures and stories to follow soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding trip. I'm hoping all the Dolly impersonators were hanging out in Mexico on your vacation.

Al, if I only read one Lawrence Block book in my life, which one should I read?