Monday, July 30, 2012

Alaska Vacation: the cruise ship

This past week, we took an Alaskan cruise vacation with Alan's folks and my folks.  All in all, I think it was a successful trip.  Prepare yourself for approximately 43 blog posts about the week.

First up, our ship.  We were on Holland America's Oosterdam ship, one in their line of "dam" ships.  Which makes me giggle.

This is the ship in port:


Our room:

A little couch-turned-bed for Cooper:

Our desk/crap collector:

Bathroom:

The hallway down to our room.  For the first several days, we looked for the balloons so we would know where to go.  We were on Deck 1 (of 10) in room 1007:

And two of my favorite parts about the ship.  The bell at the front (bow? port?  I don't know....):

And the rugs in all the elevators which kindly reminded us which day it was:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't you just love the huge showers? :O)
We were on Diamond Princess, deck 12 of 15. Committed to taking the stairs ALL the time. whew!
twila

Thomas said...

I've always wanted to take a cruise in Alaska...seems to be very beautiful. I lived there when I was in the 8th grade and couldn't believe how scenic it was even at such a young age. These pics remind me of that year...thanks. I remember driving to school every morning with my Uncle Mike, who was the science teacher at the school I went to, Wendler Jr. High, and being able to see the crest of Mt. McKinley driving down the main streets of Anchorage. I didn't get to see much of Alaska outside of Anchorage. Going back to do just that is definitely on my bucket list! Looks like you all had a great time.