Monday, December 12, 2011

Final Christmas preparations

I ordered a 2011 ornament for Cooper, and I picked a school-themed one. 

Coop has made such huge advances lately in his writing and reading and spelling. It's been so fun to watch, and we are ridiculoulsy proud.

I also (finally!) finished the Christmas stocking I started (four years ago).  (And in the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that a friend from church sewed it to the backing and made the little loop.  Thank goodness she did or it would probably have been another four years before I got this done!)

Our mantel:
My stocking, which was the one Grandma Farm had for me at her house.  Coop's stocking.  Alan's stocking, which is a work-boot-themed stocking that he picked.  And the nativity scene that my mom made for Grandma Farm.  Perfect.

And finally, our yearly trip to Santa, who comes to visit our local gas station/McDonalds.
Coop asked for a Santa costume and a "own car" (that's the red and yellow plastic Cozy Coupe car that he rides in) that's big enough for a five-year-old.  At least he didn't ask for "a watch, a van, and a sister," which is what he told me a couple of weeks ago.

If you're feeling nostalgic, here are previous posts about Coop's visit to Santa:
2010
2009
2008
2007

1 comment:

Thomas said...

That is pretty awesome...and I'm sure at least somewhat reassuring that his in-person Christmas list for Santa was waaaay easier than the pre-in-person version (maybe except for the watch)...but maybe a little sister wouldn't be a bad idea? Maybe next Christmas? Maybe? HA! The Coopenator cracks me up...whimsical kid.