Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Mom and Dad were able to come up on Wednesday to join Cooper for his Thanksgiving Feast at Raintree.  The children spend all month preparing food for the event -- corn casserole, rolls, cranberry relish, pumpkin cake, mashed potatoes, peanut brittle, dressing, butter (made by shaking cream!).  It's a fun event, and Coop was glad to have his grandparents there.

Back at home, Coop and Grandpa Cecil did some science experiments and played "will it float":

On Thanksgiving day, we hosted Alan's folks, plus a couple of students (one from Baker and one from Washburn) who weren't going home for the holiday.  The only photo I took, though, was of my serving dishes, which I love:
The brown bowl from Grandma Farm's house, the silver tray that Grandpa Farm won at a brown swiss (cow) show, the square plate I bought just because I loved it, the oval serving platter we got as a wedding gift from one of my favorite law school professors, and the big white bowl I found at a garage sale for $1.

They were eventually filled with yummy food, and we had a great day.  Tomorrow, time to dig out Christmas decorations!

No comments: